Code of Conduct
Cumberland Soccer Club - Code of Conduct for Players, Parents and Coaches
Youth sports programs, including the Cumberland Soccer Club, play an important role in promoting the physical, social and emotional development of children. The values of good sportsmanship are essential to this development and are a guiding principle of CSC. An emphasis on fair play and respect for all participants is a primary element of our club’s mission.
The Cumberland Soccer Club strives to promote a positive soccer experience for all the children and adults who are involved. To better achieve this, we provide the following Codes of Conduct for our players, parents and coaches. These codes will aid us in maintaining a cooperative attitude and in upholding the ideals of fair play and sportsmanship. We ask our players, parents and coaches to read, understand and agree to abide by the Cumberland Soccer Club’s Code of Conduct.
Cumberland Soccer Club - Code of Conduct for Players
It is a privilege for me to play soccer for the Cumberland Soccer Club. I therefore pledge to be responsible for my words and actions and shall conform my behavior to the following Code of Conduct:
1. I will demonstrate fair play and good sportsmanship at every game and practice.
2. I will treat my teammates, my coaches, other players, officials and fans with respect.
3. I will not bully others, including my teammates. Bullying includes teasing, name-calling, insults, threats, attacks, or excluding someone from a group.
4. I will be modest and generous when I win and gracious when I lose.
5. I will work for the good of my team and give my best effort at all times.
6. Even though I may not agree with a referee’s call, I will not question or argue the call.
I understand that violation of this code may result in disciplinary actions.
Player Signature Date
Cumberland Soccer Club - Code of Conduct for Parents
I pledge to be responsible for my words and actions while attending a Cumberland Soccer Club game or practice and shall conform my behavior to following the Code of Conduct:
1. I will set a good example by showing respect, dignity and sportsmanship at all times.
2. I will not approach a coach, referee or opposing team player or fan before, during or following a game to voice a complaint.
3. Even though I may not agree with a referee’s call, I will not question or argue the call.
4. I will not coach from the spectator’s side during games. This confuses the players since my instructions may be different than the coach’s instructions.
5. I will not criticize my child or any other child on any part of the player’s game.
6. I will not criticize my child’s coach. If I have a concern with the coach, I will raise the issue with him/her at the appropriate time.
7. I will insist that my child play in a safe and healthy environment.
8. I will ensure my child understands their Code of Conduct and that disciplinary actions may take place if the code is violated.
Parent(s) Signature(s) Date
Cumberland Soccer Club - Code of Conduct for Coaches
I pledge to be responsible for my words and actions while attending a Cumberland Soccer Club game or practice and shall conform my behavior to following Code of Conduct:
1. I will provide a safe playing environment for my players.
2. I will place the emotional and physical well being of my players ahead of a personal desire to win.
3. I will do my best to organize practices that are fun and challenging to my players.
4. I will lead by example in demonstrating fair play and sportsmanship to all my players.
5. I will maintain control of my emotions and I will avoid actions, language and/or gestures that may be interpreted as hostile or humiliating.
6. I will take appropriate steps to minimize scoring in runaway games.
7. I will ensure that my players and the spectators of my team exhibit sportsmanship at all times.
8. Even though I may not agree with a referee’s call, I will not question or argue the call.
9. I will review the Player’s Code of Conduct with both players and their parents at the beginning of the season.
Coach’s Signature Date